01 February, 2008

NEW MONTH

Happy First Day of February...

I love the start of a new month. An entire moon cycle to go through. All the days without blemish, there to be used however I choose. Like a crisp new notebook waiting to be filled - the blank white pages stretching out in front of me inviting me to take action.

I love this feeling of new-ness. But why is it so hard to sustain that feeling for the whole month? I always have ideas of grandure at the beginning and then in a week or so, I forget my goals for that month, or "life" gets in the way, (or let's face it - sometimes I just get lazy)!

And then, instead of simply picking up and starting that Gym Schedule or Business Venture or Better Eating Plan in the middle of the month - I always feel like I have to wait for the next First Day to come along... and that waiting turns into a bunch of wasted time. Precious time that I (like all of us) can have the tendency to squander, as if I will always have more than enough.

Stumbling in the middle of the month is no cause for giving up. In fact, it's expected. In fact, it's welcomed! Because without those stumbles we would never have the chance to prove to ourselves that we can persevere.

Now - remind me that I said all this come February 15th...

No comments:

Post a Comment