23 July, 2008

OLD FRIENDS

My hometown is not that small. It's a city of 208,000 people. But each time I am home for a visit, no matter how short or how long, I have the lovely pleasure of running into people I know that I haven't seen a quite a while.

A walk around the neighborhood at dusk last night allowed me to chat with the younger brother of my high school sweetheart and a gal I haven't talked to since those bad-hair-middle-school days. (I know you wish there was a picture of those days here, but I think I've burned them all.)

A stop at Starbucks today while waiting to pick up my sis from work gave me the chance to catch up with the drummer from "famous band" Houseguest.

I'm here for 5 more days... who knows what kind of wonderful people I'll run into this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment