24 September, 2008

CHOLERA

Perhaps it's because there's not enough actual dialogue to hold my interest. Perhaps it's because even I - a self-proclaimed hopeless romantic - think there's something unsettling about waiting around 50-some years for your first love. Perhaps it's because I've got the daunting task of reading about 100 pages in less than 2 days.

But, I must say - I don't really like LOVE IN THE TIME OF CHOLERA. I'm not sure what it is about it... but I was certain I'd like it much more than I do. If I wasn't reading it for a purpose, if there weren't other people counting on me to read it, I'd probably have put it down and given up on it already.

However - I'm pretty certain that the women with whom I will be discussing this book, in less than 48 hours, are intelligent and funny. And I am sure they will give me a fresh perspective on this highly acclaimed love story. I look forward to being challenged by them. Bring it, book club. Bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment