08 June, 2008

LESSONS

Whenever something significant happens in my life, I try to discover:
"What am I supposed to learn from this?"

When the something significant is a thing I like or enjoy, the answers to this question seem to flow freely. But when the something significant is a thing that hurts me or is a thing that I don't want, it's much harder to uncover the meaning beneath the pain.

What am I supposed to learn from this?

To value myself more greatly?
Realizing my capacity to love fully and unconditionally?
How to love myself as much as - more than! - I love others?
That I deserve a partner who will engage in my life as much as I do in his?
How to be grateful for the things I'm learning about myself in the aftermath?

While all of those seem to be noble, worthy lessons... there are days when I'd prefer to be ignorant of these self-realizations, rather than feel the deep cuts of these wounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment