17 January, 2008

GREAT THEATRE

Being someone who works in the theatre, I often don't get to SEE as much theatre as I should (or as I'd like to)... but tonight I'm going to an incredible production called 39 STEPS.

How do I know it's incredible? Because I've already seen it.
Why am I going again? Because it's amazing.

It's been a while since I've been entertained like this at the theatre. The play is full of physical comedy and clowning that takes a particular kind of talent & attention to details and emotions.

Whenever I spend an evening in the theatre with a play that excites me like this, it re-invigorates my love for it. And even though working in the theatre sounds like it might be all fun, all the time - there are, of course, those days when it's just as frustrating a job as anywhere else.

So it's important - no, vital! - for me to have experiences like this, to remember why I love this art form, to reconnect with that child in me who giggles just thinking about it.

Tonight will be full of smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment