27 March, 2008

DETOX

Every six months or so I get the urge to detox.

No meat. No sugar. No caffeine.
No alcohol. Less elevators. More stairs.

It's hard. I usually get a headache the first few days & feel pretty lethargic while my body is adjusting to the absence of added food "energy" (like coffee and that mid-day sweet snack). But after about a week, I start to feel really great - better than I have in months - so good, I can't figure out why I don't consistently live this way.

You don't realize how much you come to rely on those boosts of fake energy until you don't have them anymore.

I'm still in the hard phase (only just finishing day 3) but I know the good feeling is coming and I'm going to press on.

In the meantime, somebody out there have some caffeine for me!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not doing anything as radical as no meat (I couldn't do it!) but I have cut out all sugar in the form of desserts and cookies for the last week. I've stockpiled large bowls of fruit to get me through the chocolate cravings, although no matter how sweet the pineapple is, it's no Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream. Still, after one week I feel better, more fit and healthier. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete