10 April, 2008

HYMNS

Two Sundays ago, I offered to play the piano for our church (since we recently lost our organist). Last Sunday, I was given a list of 5 hymns I'd never heard before, and the book of music, and was told to "have at it" (ask and you shall receive, right?).

This coming Sunday is the big day & I'm so nervous about it that I'm up practicing (and blogging cause I can't sleep) at 1:00 in the morning.

It's not that the hymns are technically difficult, or that I'm worried about impressing the people in the congregation... but more that I want to impress myself. Playing the piano is something I don't do nearly often enough (especially when it comes to playing for and in front of other people).

I'm having a few flashbacks of awkward junior high recitals. Except without the braces, frizzy hair and poofy bangs.

No comments:

Post a Comment