01 April, 2008

LOVE / hate

There's a new commercial for New Balance running shoes. The guy in the commercial, The Runner, sleepily pulls himself out of his warm bed and starts jogging (with hate)... by the end of the meant-to-be-inspiring commercial, The Runner is sprinting through the city streets with a LOVE of how running makes him feel.

I've recently started running again - and this is the first commercial I've ever seen that seems to get it right. It's a struggle to leave my comfortable and cozy bed an hour early and put those New Balances on. And it's not that easy to come home from work and change into my running clothes either, instead of sitting down in front of that lovely TV.

But if I can hold on to even a little bit of that AMAZING feeling I have after I run, then I truly am inspired to get my lazy bum to the gym or the park - no matter what. And although I may have a bit of hate in there when I start, the LOVE I feel for myself (and the world!) after a good run is so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment