23 April, 2008

RE-GROWTH

There's a plant in my house - a beautiful, simple, deep purple, three-leafed organic thing that I absolutely adore. It's the first plant that I've ever had a real attachment to. It was given to me by someone who means very much to me - and it was once owned by someone who meant very much to him. It feels generational. It feels like an heirloom that I must preserve to the best of my ability.

It even breathes, lives. Closes its leaves when the sun goes down at night. Reaches out and opens up when the sun rises in the morning - even the thin stems straighten up at the warmth of a new day.

About a month ago, it faded. Each delicate stem, dying away, one by one. I changed it's position, moved it to somewhere new, stirred the soil, spoke encouraging words to it... and it started to grow.

To re-grow. Re-growth.

It's amazing when something you once thought was gone comes back.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, fellow Blogspot blogger!
    I'm enjoying reading your posts!
    (And I bet we know the same Tzahi!)

    Later,
    Inwhichshe

    ReplyDelete