28 May, 2008

GRATITUDE (re-post)


I had a blog once before (not nearly as successful as this one!) and I'm thinking of deleting it, removing it from cyberspace. Therefore, every once in a while, I'm going to re-post the old posts from there to here.


Thursday, October 25, 2007


Today there was a pause in my life.
There was lightness in my chest.
Today there was gratitude.
An overwhelming sense of gratitude, gratefulness for all in my life.
For all the friends.
For all the love.
For all the pain.
For all the challenges.
For all the battles.
For all the victories.
For all the laughter.
For all the sadness.
For all the changes.
For all the unknowns.
For all the constants.
And I almost fell to my knees in supplication, right on the street, when this feeling unexpectedly expanded in my chest to the point of bursting. And it took everything in me to keep my muscles from dissolving, to keep my lips sealed - instead of melting to the ground and shouting out and weeping with gratefulness. And part of me wishes that I was brave (or crazy) enough to give in to that moment, and not be worried about the people surrounding me, and not think about what must be on those streets of New York, and just sink to the ground.
But don't think for a moment that my soul was not dancing, or my heart not lifted up in praise and thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment