02 June, 2008

HOUSE GUEST

I'm not gonna lie. I love having house guests. I had one for four days last week. I have another one right now (he leaves Thursday morning). And I have two more coming (they arrive on Thursday evening).

I love the chance to show someone around my neighborhood. I love coming into my apartment and giving them the "tour". I love explaining what a certain picture is, or why I chose to arrange the furniture a particular way, or how you can't really hear the TV if the air conditioner is on at the same time. I love the questions my guests ask (and they're always different, depending on the person).

I love inviting someone into my home, into my daily life, even if just for a day or so. It's even better when those people are a blessing to me while they're here. And they so often are.

No comments:

Post a Comment