27 June, 2008

PROUD OF YOU

Since accepting my new job, several people have congratulated me... but only a select few have said, "I'm proud of you."

And no - they were not all related to me.

It is a strange and wonderful thing for someone who is not your parent or your boss or in a position of authority say those four words to you. It is especially wonderful when those words come from your peers; people your own age (or younger than you!) who express those feelings of pride.

I think I like numbers 4 and 6 the best.

proud
  1. Feeling pleasurable satisfaction over an act, possession, quality, or relationship by which one measures one's stature or self-worth: proud of one's child; proud to serve one's country.
  2. Feeling or showing justifiable self-respect.
  3. Filled with or showing excessive self-esteem.
  4. Of great dignity; honored: a proud name.
  5. Majestic; magnificent: proud alpine peaks.
  6. Spirited. Used of an animal: proud steeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment