19 June, 2008

TECH

My first tech today.
Well, the first tech that I'm in charge of - just me.

(For those of you outside the theatrical lingo, "tech" is the longest day of your life during which you eat junk food and drink lots of coffee and make important decisions about money and art.)

So this one's for THE METAL CHILDREN - an interesting new play written & directed by Adam Rapp (bro of RENT's Anthony). I'm the Line Producer. Not only does that mean I get to put that fancy title on my resume, but that also means that I'm responsible for the budget. And therefore: important decisions about money and art.

I feel too young and too inexperienced to be telling Adam Rapp that he can't purchase a real head cheese for the show because $40 is too much to spend on a piece of meat (and is it really meat anyhow?) .

No comments:

Post a Comment