05 July, 2008

MARRIAGE

I often dream of getting married. Day dream of it. Literally dream of it. And not necessarily the actual wedding - I'm one of the few women I know who doesn't really have an idea of what her "perfect wedding" will be like. But more the marriage. The whole thing that happens after the wedded bliss. And although I wouldn't consider myself obsessed with it (I don't want it unless it happens when it's right and good and when both of us are committed to making it last) - I do think about marriage an awful lot. And it always makes me smile. The idea of it is so beautiful to me. The amazing blessing of having someone to share your life with - the ups and the inevitable downs, the rearing of children, the decision-making, even the bills! It is an altogether awesome idea to me. Awe-some. Creating a feeling of awe, wonderment. And even more awesome when it lasts and lasts. And lasts. And I believe that there will come a day when I find a person to live that dream with me. Until then... my sleeping subconscious dreamland will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment