29 July, 2008

RESPONSIBILITY

What is it that makes people able (or not able) to handle responsibility? And really big, serious, important responsibility at that! Is it something that responsible people just naturally have? I believe it can be learned - especially if you're taught from a young age - but there are those who have trouble and cannot handle too much responsibility, no matter what the preparation.

And I suppose the only way you really know what people can handle is by giving them little things to accomplish at first, and then adding a little more, and a little more - and seeing how they react.

I have, what feels to me right now to be, a gigantic responsibility. Not only am I responsible for my own doings, but also for those things that other people are responsible for doing. I hope I am able to live up to my own responsibilities - and am also able to empower those working with me for the greater good to live up to theirs as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment