08 August, 2008

A LITTLE SOME DAYS

Cable modem is broken.* Time Warner, please come help me! Can't blog at work. The Death Star (as we lovingly refer to it) is strict! The blogging will resume soon soon soon. I miss it as much as you do.

In the meantime, enjoy this quote I read on the subway this morning. I wrote this down across a crossword puzzle I couldn't complete. It's hard to stand up on the rapidly moving subway and write.

"We do not expect people to be deeply moved by what is not unusual... If we had a keen vision and feeling of all ordinary human life, it would be like hearing the grass grow and the squirrel's heart beat, and we should die of that roar which lies on the other side of silence."

- George Elliot, MIDDLEMARCH

* Many thanks to D. for stepping up to help out a blogger without the internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment