14 September, 2008

FLY

Musca domestica. It has evil red eyes. It is covered with hair. It is among the most dangerous animals in the world, and this one is only 1 of 120,000 known species. It has sticky feet and can walk on my ceiling... out of my reach, (the sneaky bastard).

I think we've been battling for about a week now. Every time I think I've humanely "shoo-ed" it out the window, or violently tried to end it's measly exsistence - it reappears. Like the cat who just kept coming back the very next day - it just wouldn't stay away.

I've tried newspapers, books (both hardback & paperback), a pillow, a wooden spoon, and even my own bare hands to swat at it - but all to no avail.

Last night, I finally believed that I killed it for good - with Love in the Time of Cholera - but this morning, my alarm went off, I opened one eye and it was there. On the other pillow. Staring right at me.

I swear I heard it laughing as it buzzed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment