23 November, 2008

GOOD BOOK

I like a good book. I like a novel that is written within some specific moment of history - and I especially like it when that history doesn't overwhelm the story, but merely enhances the personal journey you're going on with the characters.

The book I'm reading now is that kind of book.
And I've been on my very comfortable couch, in very comfortable clothes, indulging in it for the past 3 hours.

There's a lot you can do in 3 hours. Watch a movie, watch 6 episodes of the Simpsons, play a football game, take a class, run a marathon (or at least a 1/2 marathon), have a rehearsal... or you can curl up with a novel that makes you laugh and talk to yourself and tear up and fall fiercely in love with it's 9-year-old narrator, and you can call it a very good book.

1 comment:

  1. Rachel,
    What a gorgeous picture of you on your profile! I have trouble with Jonathan Safran Froer... maybe I'll try his latest one on your recommendation. I'm so glad to see your comment on our little trip in to see 13. We love to keep up with you too!

    ReplyDelete