12 November, 2008

OPENING MORNING

After a long Tuesday at work, barely able to contain my excitement for the night ahead, I finally arrived at the theatre for the opening night of my second play in less than three weeks. There were press people outside, and long lines at the box office, and a palpable buzz in the crisp evening air.

And after a powerful show, and a round of congratulations and hugging backstage, and after a brisk walk with a friend - I made it to the opening night party. And after the eating, and the drinking, and the schmoozing, and a respite of quiet in a courtyard - I made it to the after party. And upon more schmoozing, and much laughter, and a serendipitous guest appearance - I realized that it was no longer the opening night but the wee hours of a post-opening morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment