27 December, 2008

TT

After far too many years of being out of touch, I was finally able to spend some quality time with a good friend over this year's Christmas holiday. It had been so long since I'd last seen her in person - three years? five years? - and I must admit that I was apprehensive at first, thinking perhaps it was possible that we'd grown too far apart and I worried that there would be those awful moments of awkward silence over lunch and coffee.

But once again, the strong bonds of friendship prevailed and it was a true joy to spend a few hours together - catching up on work, relationships, ideas, old friends, high school reunion stories, show choir memories, plans for the future... just indulging in some simple time with each other.

I am grateful that we were able to reconnect so honestly. And it was a pleasure to laugh together again. In the future, I will take care not to let the all-too-convenient excuse of living far away get in the way of our friendship.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this, and for your wonderful friendship too - I so appreciated you spending some of your precious time in town catching up with an old friend. I was a also a little anxious, but now I know how ridiculous that is - no matter how much time passes, we jump right back in.

    And hooray for game nights! Shawn was tickled pink to see you - and I'm excited to start running. may even go out today if my lazy butt can get up off the couch!

    Be safe getting back and have a happy new year! ;-)

    ReplyDelete