17 January, 2009

FLATMATE

I'm reminded today how comforting it is to live with someone. After spending a year living on my own - an important year, a year during which I learned some very valuable lessons about myself - I am grateful to have another opportunity to share my surroundings with another person. A strong, independent, imaginative, kind woman. Someone to be accountable to - someone to enjoy dinner with - someone to explore the neighborhood with - someone who understands needing alone time, too.

When I woke up this morning and spent those lovely 10-15 minutes just lying in my "bed" and taking the time to open my eyes, I heard her softly moving around the apartment and I smiled, thinking - it's nice to have a flatmate. And also thinking - the word "flatmate" is a funny word.

No comments:

Post a Comment