06 April, 2009

ONE YEAR

Today is the year anniversary of an event that rocked my entire world. I remember the exact date because today is also my dad's birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DADDY-O!) and a mere 365 days ago I spoke to him many times over the 24-hour period and because of my emotional trauma, I never once noted that it was also the day he was born. It's hard to see outside of yourself during those kinds of times.

On the subway this morning, I was thinking about how happy I am right now, how proud I am of all my accomplishments this past year, and how wonderful I feel my life is today.

It will never cease to amaze me how short a year can be - and how long it feels until we'll get to the next one. An incredible amount of goodness can happen in just one year... an incredible amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment