10 May, 2009

THE PLAN

I love talking through the plan for the week on Sunday nights. I like having a plan (even if it changes at the last minute)... I just like having it. And I like going over the plan out loud. It's reassuring, comforting, and makes me feel like I have a handle on things (even if that's not really true). The plan for this coming week is intense. There is a LOT going on. And all of it is great.

What I'm learning is that even though there are good things happening, it can still feel a bit overwhelming and stressful. A Jam, a first rehearsal, a reading, a friend's show, a car rental, a weekend road trip, a dinner with a new dress, a fancy horse-race complete with fancy hat, a final performance, a closing night party...

I'll need to remind myself this week to take each day, each moment as it comes. To be present, to be present, to be present.

No comments:

Post a Comment