08 July, 2009

DAY DREAMING

When something is going on in my personal life that excites me, it's often hard for me to keep my mind on work between the hours of 10am and 6pm.

Today (hence this blog at 4:04) my mind is swirling with the "To Do List" of moving.

I'm moving apartments this weekend. Back home to Astoria, the neighborhood I fell in love with when I first moved to New York almost 7 years ago, the neighborhood I've been trying to get back to for a while now... and it's finally happening. Not to mention that the apartment is beautiful and the partner with whom I'll be sharing this home makes me happy every minute of every day.

There's the Con Ed to set up and the addresses to change. There's the finishing touches of cleaning the old place so we can get our full security deposit back. There's the packing and the packing and the packing. There's the U-Haul rental and the sly persuading of friends to help load and unload. And there's the excitement. And the impatience. And the knowledge that in less than a week, we'll be in the new place... if not completely settled, then at least well on our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment