05 July, 2009

THANK GOODNESS

Often times I become aware of an intense need for a respite from New York.  And if I don't get it, I find myself becoming cranky and easily upset and frustrated by small things.  There's a moment when I realize that if I don't get out soon, it will become instantaneously harder to enjoy the city I love.

Thank goodness for this weekend's respite:  a perfect July 4th complete with reading in the sun, scrapple on the deck, lawn work, gangster movies, dinner with mallets against a backdrop of fireworks, and card games into the night.  Top that with an incredible day of perfect weather and enough smiles and laughter to make both my cheeks and sides ache with happiness.  

Ready to come back to NYC - refreshed, relaxed, and full of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment