23 August, 2009

WEIRD DREAMS

I've been told that a strange phenomenon happens when you're pregnant - you start having weird and vivid dreams. I assumed that meant that they'd all be about the baby or about something related to the baby... but not true. They're just weird.

The other night I had one that was on a boat - me and a bunch of other people that I've known over the years (high school people I haven't thought about in ages, work people, family) and for some reason we had to dock the boat in the middle of the ocean because the waters were getting too rough (see, it already makes little sense!) and there was one girl I work with who was in the water and refused to accept my help in getting her into the boat.

Last night, I dreamt that my partner and I were suckered into a production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. An older woman who we loved and appreciated (could never really tell who she was in the dream) asked us to be in it - and reluctantly we agreed. Then we found out that we had to travel 2 hours each way to get to rehearsals, in Pennsylvania, and back to New York. And then for some reason we had to take a plane to rehearsals - one of those small, scary ones where you can feel every propellar movement - and the theatre was on an island (in the middle of land-locked PA). And while I hated every moment of it - the travel, the time commitment, the director, the other cast members - my partner loved it all and seemed to be having the time of his life.

Weird dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment