06 November, 2009

SUDDENLY PREGNANT

It's as if I've suddenly become pregnant. I know it's been slowly creeping up on me these past 6-7 months, and I was just thinking to myself recently that I haven't had any of the stereotypical pregnancy symptoms yet: cravings, mood swings, trouble sleeping, soreness - and then...

Jumping into action, all of these things and more have made themselves aware this past week. Now, I'd like it noted on my record that this week was a particularly busy week - but aren't they all? So I can't think of any excuses for my condition other than the crazy, wonderful miracle that's growing rapidly every day and causing all these delightful side effects.

People keep commenting that I've "popped" and now "you look really pregnant!"... maternity tops that I bought just a month or two ago barely cover my expanding mid-section... I get more winded when climbing the subway stairs... my back is feeling the extra pressure of supporting my ever-growing front... all I want to eat are carbs - pasta, cereal, oatmeal, rice, peanut butter sandwiches, waffles, potatoes... I wake up at least twice every night, taking a while to readjust into a "comfortable" sleeping position... and thankfully, the only moodiness I seem to be noticing is the tired mood, when I immediately want to lay down (and luckily, most of the time, it's at the end of the day when I can - without too much drama!).

And the funny thing is - even though I sometimes, more often than not, feel like my body is not my own anymore - I still love it. I love every aching moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment