01 November, 2011

Dear "Nana"


Today I'm sending a special thanks to Mary Anne. She's more than just my daughter's first day care provider. She is a mother to her own five daughters. And she was a mother-figure to me when I was seeking someone "perfect" to leave my daughter with after only a few months, when that lovely maternity leave was over and I had to head back to work.

Since she was 4 months old, we've dropped off Baby G at Mary Anne's house around 9:30am... and have picked her up after work around 6pm. That's a lot of hours to be away from Mama & Dada! But the way our girl's face lights up when she sees "Nana" (that's what she calls her) makes my heart confident that she's in the right place, with the right person.

To "Nana": thanks for all the love and care you give to my daughter, as if she were your own... not to mention the advice and confidence you give to me.

30 DAYS OF THX project inspired by ThxThxThx (#30daysofthx)


No comments:

Post a Comment