03 January, 2008

... IS BLISS

I'm not sure why the songs from INTO THE WOODS are inspiring my blog, but tonight while I was talking with my mom I found myself humming...

"Isn't it nice to know a lot?
And a little bit not."

Ignorance is bliss. Isn't that what they say? Sometimes it's definitely easier to take that route - to choose not knowing. To choose bliss. It doesn't involve any difficult decision-making (which for us Libras can be a tricky thing!) and we can get along with less responsibility that way. But are we really better off?

Knowing more about things, objects, ideas is only half of it. That's just good ol' education. But knowing more about people is when it can get complicated. Choosing to love a person not only for all the good things you know about them, but also when you know all the fears, the doubts, the limitations - that takes a lot more work. It's harder - sure. And perhaps there will be difficult decisions to make and greater responsibility. But I believe it's well worth the effort.

And you know, with the right perspective, knowledge can be blissful, too.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Little Girl. What's your rush! I Just wanted to quote INTO THE WOODS. I enjoy your blog!
    Hugh

    ReplyDelete