02 January, 2008

MOMENT PRESENT

I just had a lovely late night conversation with a very good friend of mine. I feel that the two of us are always most inspiring to each other either first thing in the morning or just before bedtime. Tonight's chat kept coming back to the reoccurring theme of patience... and how we both might need a little more of it in our own lives.

I'm constantly thinking about the future and planning and figuring out what to do next. It's a trait that I get (no doubt) from my mom (who's 25 years older than me, sleeps 4 hours a night at best and has double my energy). But sometimes I get so caught up in making a plan that I neglect to cherish the moment that's happening right now.

Enter: the need for more patience.

Perhaps if I'm willing to enjoy this day, this hour, this minute... then before I know it, it will be the future and I'll have enjoyed every minute getting there, instead of worrying about what it holds for me.

Sondheim may have beat me to the punch.

"Best to take the moment present
as a present for the moment."

1 comment:

  1. Lend me your planning skills and I'll loan you my ability to relax and live in the moment! :)

    ReplyDelete