06 January, 2008

REASSURANCE

Lately I've been experiencing a need for a little reassurance. A friend of mine saw my new apartment the other day - she's the only one who's seen it other than me - and even though I knew that it was a great space and will be a wonderful haven for me, it was still encouraging to hear that she liked it, too. I'm taking on many projects at work - things that I've never done before - and although I have enough confidence in myself to believe that I will accomplish them, it's nice to hear from my co-workers that I'm doing a good job. I'm walking a new path in my relationship - and as I'm trying to be more independent and self-reliant, it is quite lovely (and seemingly necessary!) to get a simple kiss or thoughtful compliment.

A little reassurance - that's all.

And I know I can't possibly be the only one who feels that way. It makes me realize that all of us need that encouragement, even if it's just every once in a while, even if most of the time we seem totally put together, and especially in those times when we're just putting on the "oh-no-I'm-fine-everything's-fine" face because we're afraid of needing it.

It's a little thing. But it can make a big difference.

3 comments:

  1. 1 Thessalonians 5:11
    Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this place you've created!! Very tranquil and serene and....thoughtful. I toally bookmarked it so I can return and return.

    And I can't WAIT to see the new place you're creating to live in. (sigh)

    Rest REASSURED that YOU are a shining example of how following your best self's path can lead to positive change and enlightenment.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I totally spelled totally wrong!!

    ReplyDelete