07 January, 2008

BALANCING ACT

I've just spent the last few hours desperately trying to balance my checkbook after the holidays. Somehow during that time of love & festivities & happiness my money always seems to disappear (even if I get more of it as a gift, it never quite replenishes what I've already spent).

The "Type A" in me loves to reconcile my bank statements with my personal accounting software (yes, yes - I'm a nerd at heart). And I think my astrologically-inclined friends would agree that the Libra in me loves when everything balances out.

A place for everything and everything in its place.

That's not so easy with all the other areas of life: fairness in your work environment, equal ground in friendships & relationships... I even struggle with reconciling what my tastebuds want to eat with what my brain knows I really should be eating.

Perhaps that's why I love that little balance sheet so much. There's always an answer. Always a reason why something isn't adding up or working out the way it's supposed to. And it's usually as simple as those daily coffees & diet cokes I haven't kept track of (which can add up to much more than any human being should ever spend on beverages). But, hey - at least I can figure that one out!

No comments:

Post a Comment