03 May, 2008

OVERHEARD

These are among the many things I overheard today, while walking around the streets of this bustling city...

From a 15-year-old-ish young man to his 2 friends: "If I ever end up homeless, I think I'll be okay - 'cause I can sing."

From a well-put-together mother to her shy, overweight daughter: "Just... just get away from me!!"

From a gal in her 20's to the guy walking with her: "He's not gay. He does like girls, okay."

From a man to the woman with him, (while they mindlessly walked past a guy playing Take 5 on the sax): "Do you think that living in New York makes you less aware of the sounds around you?" And the woman replied: "Why? Because there are so many?"

From a toddler to his mom, while riding on his dad's shoulders: "Mom! Its spitting on my face!" (It was misting, not even barely drizzling.) And then when the mom tried to put his hood up: "No! I like it."

I like it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment