18 May, 2008

TRINITY SUNDAY

Today is Trinity Sunday. I'm not sure exactly what that means, only that I'm playing the piano for my church and the church calendar tells me it's Trinity Sunday - all of the hymns have to do with the 3-in-1. One of them's even called "The Holy Trinity".

Today is also the day that Mother Johanna (the priest at my church who's been on sabatical) is coming back. She's only been gone for 50 of her originally planned 90 days... but she wanted so badly to "be back home" that she decided to simply leave the West early and spent last week driving East.

It seems appropriate to me that both of those things are happening today. The homecoming of Mo Jo and the celebration of Trinity Sunday. Particularly since the church she is coming home to, her church, is called Holy Trinity Inwood.

Happy coincidence.

1 comment: