17 May, 2008

WEEDS

Weeding has not always been an activity that I particularly enjoyed. As a kid, it was an annoying job that I certainly didn't want to do on a sunny summer day. But as an adult, it has become a simple task that I actually look forward to doing.

I'm off to do some weeding right now. With a group of people who will offer me coffee & donuts in exchange for my willingness to work with my hands for a few hours on a Saturday morning. When I am done pulling those pesky weeds from the earth; when the bank that right now is overgrown with vines and debris is clean and weed-free; when those few hours of clearing out the weeds has also (hopefully) cleared out some space in my head and my heart; I know I will feel the satisfaction that this simple task can bring.

Now if I only had a wide-brimmed hat and some gardening clogs so I could look the part...

No comments:

Post a Comment