12 June, 2008

FAR AWAY

Who ever really knows how to give good advice when it comes to relationships and the subject of love? What can any of us offer to someone who's hurting other than our own personal experiences in comparison... and every relationship, every person is different... so our offerings don't really count as advice of what they should do in their situation - just what we've done.

And when a person you love so much comes to you with the pains of their own life, because of the person they love so much, it's all you can do not to feel that pain yourself. The things you can offer seem useless - saying "I know" and "I'm sorry" aren't enough. And when you're far away there's an even greater feeling of helplessness.

So I'm praying for wisdom - in knowing what to say and how to say it, to both of them. And I'm resting in the comfort that those who are near to them will offer the embrace that I cannot.

No comments:

Post a Comment