15 November, 2008

CHILD OF GOD

I have an amazing friend. A beautiful, talented, dear friend. A friend who's heart is open, who's mind is seeking, who's soul is at peace. A friend who is an incredible child of God.

And he wrote some amazingly powerful, loving words that I'd like to share - because I support him with every fiber of my being, because I know he's not the only one who feels this way, because these issues of reconciling religious or "moral" beliefs with acceptance of your fellow human being have been weighing on my heart, because I know it will speak to many of you out there (no matter which side of the fence you're on), because I feel it is important...

I am gay. And I know this is going to test your faith to the nth degree, but guess what? I still consider myself a christian.

I am a good person, who (due to geographical reasons) is separated from his natural family and has surrounded himself with an extended family of good and kind and loving people with absolutely impeccable morals ---who love me and support me and who's influence I welcome into my life.

I may not be living YOUR plan for my life--but I know for a fact that I AM living God's plan for my life. I am happier than I've been in a long long long time, and I know God has rewarded me plentifully... He made me. He loves me. He and I have talked. A lot. And we're cool.

You are my mother and you will always be dear to my heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment