10 February, 2009

ASSUME

You know what happens when you assume... (ass, u + me).

Been thinking recently about all of the times during this past week that I made assumptions before actually learning all the facts. And how many times people make assumptions about me.

I've assumed (incorrectly - which is how most assumptions turn out!) that a thick New York accent means you're not that bright. That being a pesce-tarian would be difficult. That having that drink with a clown would be a once-in-a-lifetime moment. That I could survive on less than 5 hours of sleep a night.

And people have assumed about me that I was "the help". That I was a budding stage manager and should send my resume to them if I ever needed a job. That I was 26. That I must've at least tried smoking, at least once. That I was 35. That I could be in two places at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment