10 February, 2009

ONLY IN NEW YORK

This past Monday I spent a lovely dozen hours at the annual gala for Vineyard Theatre, celebrating the always elegant Marian Seldes and honoring the Union Square Partnership. Not only was the gala held in the amazing (and soon-to-be-closing) Rainbow Room, but I also got to schmooze with the likes of her and her and this clown and these folks and this guy...

And I got to wear a fancy dress, and take in that beautiful view, and walk Marian Seldes to the bathroom, and raid the gift bags, and help out a theatre that I love, and stare at the purple ESB, and listen to some great performances, and be on headset for the show, and get yelled at by a certain producer (who was wearing tennis shoes to a gala), and witness said producer apologize to the performers behind me for them having to see her yell at "the help", and give my card to people, and reconnect with old friends, and make new ones, and eat the left over chocolate covered strawberries.

But the best part of the night probably came after it was all over, when I spent a surreal hour at an Irish Pub with a man I have always held in high esteem - while we discussed the simplicities and challenges of this crazy thing called life.

No comments:

Post a Comment