12 April, 2009

EASTER

Last night's Easter Vigil homily was one that made an impression on me: If you are someone who fears change, Easter is not for you. If you are someone who thinks you cannot be different today than you were yesterday, Easter is not for you. If you are content to let your life stay exactly how it is, Easter is not for you.

The very nature of this season is full of change and awe and renewal. And it's also a challenge to believe and a testing of faith. It promises that there are times of happiness ahead - and also guarantees that there will be moments of difficulty.

In full celebration of this kind of Easter - and especially the incredibly beautiful Easter I've had today - I can't imagine being the same person I was before. How could I be? How could I possibly not be changed?

1 comment:

  1. Every new experience, every new challenge, can be a grace filled moment with opportunities for growth and change. Most people walk through life with their eyes closed, missing many of the blessings that God gives us... I'm so glad that you see and feel each grace filled opportunity!

    ReplyDelete