12 April, 2009

EVENING CAME & MORNING FOLLOWED

The creation story of the Christian faith has always been one of my favorites. When I was growing up, there was this man at my church who would read this story (as the first reading) every Easter Vigil. I'm not quite sure if he actually was a radio personality - but he certainly sounded like it. I felt like he could sell that story to anyone, for not only was his voice as smooth as honey but he believed it - and you could tell with each and every word.

This Easter was the first time I'd been to a Catholic Easter Vigil in New York, and probably the first time I'd heard that reading in half a decade. And as I sat in St. Joseph's - with my candle lit and the lights dimmed, with one friend sitting next to me and one about to sing a psalm - I heard that story again. And God saw how good it was...

No comments:

Post a Comment