21 April, 2009

RUN

The combination of waking up early, a myriad thoughts racing through my mind, and the possibility of a summer trip (at the peak of swimsuit season!) led me to jump out of my bed and dig out my running shoes. After the joys of getting to say "Mornin'" to half a dozen people, hearing my heart pound inside my head so that breathing was the only thing I could think about, and letting the misty rain kiss my cheeks - I took a final quiet walk around the lake. No iPod, only a few people, a smattering of folks on their way to work or school... the birds were my music, the wind in the weeping willows my chorus. And I gave a smile of thanks in that very present moment.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. I left my ipod at home this morning too. I had a great morning run with my puppy =)

    ReplyDelete