21 April, 2009

THIS IS OUR VELOCITY!

A few choice quotes from the Dave Eggers novel THIS IS OUR VELOCITY!

* He had calm where I had chaos and wisdom where I had just a huge gaping always-moving mouth.
* Your job is to be human. First, be human.
* Oh to live among peacocks. I’d seen them once in person and they defied so many laws of color and gravity that they had to be mad geniuses waiting to take over everything.
*
Wait until you’re older to try something like this – a lot older, I think - but then don’t wait much longer… I can’t believe we waited so long ourselves.
* I can feel it, like you can feel bass in your heart…
*
Memory, perhaps, should have no physical shape.
* This is the truth, and it's either unromantic or infinitely more romantic than you can imagine.
* Put that heave into a small Velcro pocket in the parachute pants of your soul.
* Sometimes there was work laid out before you and you had to thrust yourself into it and find your way out of it.
* You couldn't measure it. You could say it was worth nothing - or you could say millions - and both would make sense.
* She would never know anything again but abundant and unceasing love.

No comments:

Post a Comment