07 March, 2010

OSCARS

I have a love/hate relationship with awards shows... or perhaps it's more love/HATE.  I know, I know - hate is a strong word.  But I think what it boils down to is that I hate all the politic-ing and the judging and the fake-ness that goes into these big 4-hour television productions.  I'm sure the awards are deserved.  In fact, I'm sure every one of those actors (and more!) deserves to be awarded.  Maybe my dislike stems from the deep-rooted Libra nature in me to have everything be fair & equal.  Or maybe it's because I'm jealous and I would love to be living that glitzy lifestyle.  Or maybe it bothers me that I can get wrapped up in it, in exactly all the ways that bother me: making snap judgments about people I don't know at all based on their designer dress, or something they said (or left out) of their acceptance speech, or the way they looked at the camera.  I look forward to watching them and then begin to loathe them half way through.  Hmm... I suppose it's possible that, like with so many other overly indulgent things, I can only take them in small doses.

LOVED the Legion of Extraordinary Dancers, though.  They seriously are extra ordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment