02 December, 2010

WHAT A DIFFERENCE

I had an experience dealing with 2 agents today... 2 people with the same job - in essence - with the same relationship to me and my job, yet SO different it's hard to believe my relationship to them actually was the same.  And I suppose the short answer is that, it wasn't.  It was not the same relationship.

With both agents, I discussed details of deal memos for their clients: things they wanted that I said "yes" to, things they wanted that I said "no" to - the basic conversation I have with all agents... but attitude is everything and, in this case, it caused an absolutely lovely exchange between myself and one agent and an absolutely frustrating one with the other.

It was a lesson learned - rather, reinforced - for me in how I should deal with others.  A reminder of how far simple pleasantries can go.

No comments:

Post a Comment