23 October, 2011

DAY 23 - Maternity Clothes

The 24 Things Clearing Challenge 
encourages you to make room in your home, heart, and mind to create an inspired future

Between our adorable landlords (a Greek couple in their 70's), our day care providers (a matriarch from Michigan, a patriarch from Malta, and their bi-lingual daughters), and sometimes our relatives and friends - I am often asked if we're going to have another child soon. It's a question my husband and I have discussed and will continue to discuss... but it's safe to say that our immediate answer is "not right now".

Therefore, I felt more than comfortable lending giving some of my pregnancy clothes to my good friend's sister who's found herself preparing to have her 3rd child at a time in her life when she thought she was finished having kids (and had purged herself of all her maternity wear).  There may have been the slightest moment's hesitation, (what if I need those sooner than I think!?) but my overall feeling was that there was no worry in giving these away. Plus... shopping for maternity clothes was a pretty fun experience 2 years ago and I'm sure it'd be just as enjoyable to do again.

The results of today's letting go: the knowledge of helping someone else out, even if I've never met them; the faith that I won't need those clothes again until we're good and ready (and, of course, who knows when that will be!).

1 comment:

  1. Your Day 23 in your “24 Things Clearing Challenge” is a really great idea.

    ReplyDelete