24 October, 2011

DAY 24 - Domino Effect

The 24 Things Clearing Challenge 
encourages you to make room in your home, heart, and mind to create an inspired future


Well. I made it to the 24th day. And I've enjoyed every step. I wasn't always successful (I still have not broken the habit of biting my nails) but it has made me more conscious of the things that I bring into my home and the items that I value.

I think one of my biggest accomplishments was not purchasing anything I didn't actually need during this 24-day period. My husband teases me, lovingly, saying: "You're such a consumer." And it's true. I am. I'm a sucker for a good ad campaign. I often think I need things that I really don't need. And this 24 Day Challenge has allowed me to break free from that a bit. (Although I might still decide to splurge for this UNIQLO coat that I saw for the first time on October 5th... I was so proud of myself for resisting!)


The other inspiration that has come from these past few weeks has been the desire to keeping doing something; the momentum of another continuous project; the domino effect of this experience creating a desire for another similar experience. So, stay tuned for the upcoming 30 DAYS OF THX idea that's been brewing in my head for a little over a week...

No comments:

Post a Comment