24 January, 2008

ACCOMPLISHMENT

I love the feeling of accomplishment. It can be over something as seemingly insignificant as eating well for a whole week (and not giving into the devious temptation of that dark chocolate!) or as meaningful as putting together every aspect of a huge event for work and having it all go off without a hitch.

It is so gratifying to have a task at hand and know that you will do/have done it well.

Today was one of those especially good days. I've been up since 7:00am and worked (joyfully & consistently) until now - 15 hours later! And I enjoyed every minute of it - because I felt like I was accomplishing so much, and it was making me happy. I had a day where I realized that I love what I do, (and what I'm striving to do) and that I'm proud to work where I work and be a part of a company that I believe in.

These kinds of days leave me exhausted and grateful and happy to fall into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment