11 January, 2008

SOME CHANGES MADE

My dad has long been the one who's introduced me to some of my favorite music. When I was young, he used to induldge my dancing around the livingroom to Prince, Yes, Genesis, Sting... and there are particular songs from those bands that, when I hear them, instantly bring me back to being five-years-old and fiercely remind me of my dad.

Then there is the music he's recently introduced me to - our passion for great song writing being one of the many things we share. Bruce Hornsby's "Gonna Be Some Changes Made" is a song I may not have known so well, were it not for my dad.

As I pack up the last of my belongings and get ready to move this morning, I turned on my iTunes and this song happened to be the next one on the playlist. And although I don't remember selecting the "repeat song" option, that familiar chorus played over and over...

Gonna be some changes, changes made
Can't keep on doing what I've been doing these days
Look in the mirror I see clouds of rain
Gotta take it all, gotta get myself straight

and later, the more encouraging:

Gonna be some changes, changes made
Can't keep on doing what I've been doing these days
Look in the mirror I see clouds erased
Some changes made

Yes, yes indeed.
Some changes made.

No comments:

Post a Comment