17 January, 2011

DETOX

Photo 17/365

This morning/afternoon at brunch, I mentioned to my dear friend (and often my peer-detoxer) that I was feeling the need for a detox again.  The fact that I was eating french toast with whipped cream and drinking a mimosa during this conversation may just have underlined the fact that the detox was due.  So this evening, while cleaning up and cleaning out the office in our apartment, I happened upon The 28 Day Plan, a small book I've used to outline a month-long detox for myself several times over the years.  It's not as hardcore as the Master Cleanse.  And it's not just focused on foods; it also includes simple things like the reminder to take 5 minutes for yourself each day and to drink more water and to laugh.  February has 28 days... seems like the perfect month to do it.  Next up: feel better!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    Just found your blog through a simple search in Google. Congratulations on the success you've had so far. I also have a blog that lists free events New Yorkers can go to each day. We're trying to help New Yorkers save money in any way that we can.

    Anyway, I was wondering if you wanted to exchange links with me so we can help spread some traffic around between each other. If interested, feel free to place my link on your site and comment on mine when you have so I can do the same.

    Jason
    Flierguy.com

    ReplyDelete